Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Dang domain squatters :P
For years my hubby has teased me about my little idiom of this, that or the other being "virtually useless". We are a bit geeky and even own our own domain so we never have to change our email address, no matter who we get our internet from and I have told him that the domain, www.virtuallyusless.com would be a great present to me some day... and so we go, we look up the domain to see if it's purchasable. We find out that it is not and so we zip on over to the site to see who has it and what they are doing with it...and we discover that someone has put up one of those annoying generic pages that has nothing, does nothing, and is nothing, well nothing other than a place holder so they keep the domain and then can sell it off to they highest bidder at some point. Yeah I could get something other than a ".com" but nothing else rolls off the tongue so well. So.... to satisfy my need to express myself, I decided, what better place to throw my virtually useless thoughts and random menaderings of a tired mind than on a blog! and yes, someone else already has virtuallyuseless.blogger.com... but I don't mind... I have a hyphen (-). makes it a little more easy to read. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment